What: Sexual Issues and Ethics: Challenges in the Internet Age Conference – Dr. Barbara Steffens of Safe Passages Counseling will do a special presentation with Troy Snyder on ethical issues of working with spouses of sex addicts.
When: October 1, 2011 8:30am – 3:00pm
Where: Cincinnati Christian University – 2700 Glenway Avenue, Cincinnati, 45204
How to Register? Register Here or call Cornerstone Professional Training Institute at (770) 457-3089 for more information.
A Conference to Equip Professionals Who Work with Sexual Issues in Any Capacity
The Internet has presented challenges to professionals and church leaders who work with sexual issues. Many ethical issues have arisen that need to be addressed and managed on an ongoing basis. This conference is designed to equip professional counselors, social workers, pastors, church leaders, and others who work with sexual issues in any capacity. Attendees to receive 5 CEU’s approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) or 5 CEU’s can be applied for through the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
- To present basic ethical considerations for helping professions.
- To prepare participants to deal with sexual challenges and issues in therapy
- To discuss the role of the Internet in sexual ethics.
- To equip participants to understand sexual values in themselves and how to address these issues in ways that promote the well-being of the client
Note: Graduate students who are currently seeking degrees will receive a discount rate for this conference.
- 8:30 – 9:00 Registration/Check-In/Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 – 12:00 Morning Session
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00 – 3:00 Afternoon Session